Having heard this word several times, but I never took my time to study more about the rudiments about infographics , guess maybe I was a little bit lazy then. When I realize that laziness will set me going from the back, that was when I changed my attitude towards what I love; and which is writing.
Infographics from the visual description of the word, mean information and graphics right? Info + graphics. This eventually means the presentation of information through graphical representation. Graphics in this sense also means images. I mean using of images to describe or illustration things.
Basically, texts and pictures or images are combined together to make up infographic and the end product of the combination brings solutions to problems or challenges. It’s an example of communication in a pictorial way.
Infographics have been for long anyway and few of the blogs have adapted the usefulness. It is now moving very fast in internet marketing as for those who know the usefulness are beginning to make use of it. I think justnaira even created a label for infographic on his blog.
It shows there are there still some bloggers out there, who knows what the usefulness. In internet marketing, infographics has risen to the point where it’s a must for some blogs to use it, in that it enhances the profitability of the businesses, and it also help in engaging the audiences.
You know some people really like something cartoonish, and most times infographics can be interesting. There are few things we need to check on it, like the importance and how do we use it. I believe as we proceed and you pay attention, you’ll definitely get what I’m saying.
The Advantages of Infographics
Like I said earlier in the introduction of infograghics, I mention some few things about solution to problems right?which info graphics is among the solution to some challemges.
Also infographics is made for branding. I believe we all know branding? Special features that is made only for your company, businesses or blog? There are few things that are not just common to other businesses, they are only meant for you: like you logo etc.
With this branding, your blog or business gain it’s authority in its particular area of specialization (which most of us call niche in blogging). Millions of blogs have been created in the last weeks in your niche, and how can you distinctly make yourself viral? Only the use of infographic will open the door for you. Below are other few advantages of representing your information, data and ideas graphically.
There are few things that are not just common to other businesses, they are only meant for you: like you logo etc. With this branding, your blog or business gain it’s authority in its particular area of specialization (which most of us call niche in blogging).
Millions of blogs have been created in the last weeks in your niche, and how can you distinctly make yourself viral? Only the use of infographic will open the door for you. Below are other few advantages of representing your information, data and ideas graphically.
1. It is memorable: there is a say that what you see most often goes a long way in your memory, because it keeps coming on daily basis. That is very advisable to check what we watch. Television advertisement is a very good example of this.
2. It easily creates interest: several times I’ve heard commendations of people on a graphical display. Most especially those graphics designers, every one of us love it because most times it cut our eyes and we are easily attracted to a clean and perfect designs, which in turn we’ll want to appreciate them.
3. It reduces boredom: Many of us get tired when we read some articles on some blogs. Most times I’ve fell into that condition whereby I just have to close the tab because I was bored. But infographics have the power to reduce that, because every time you come across graphics, it keeps you alive.
4. It is easier to comprehend: guess I won’t dwell much into this, because we all know the power of what we see. It sticks for a long period of time, because the information has been simplified with graphics, therefore you understand better.
5. It catches our attention: just like from the second point that I made that it easily creates interest. We all know that a perfectly designed art work easily caught our eyes, and we’ll want to know more about it. Also, you would be curious as to what are those lines, charts and graphs for. There could even be images in it that will immediately make you turn your head towards it. We have more than enough advantages of infographics, but for those that I discussed above, I believe you enjoyed them?
Creation of Infographics
I know this is the aspect most people will concentrate more for them to know how to create it. Everybody has a gene of creativity, in which the making of infographics requires. Like I said, you can create it, also I can, but you need to have some qualities like the knowledge of a designer, web development. I think professional graphics designers make these infographics, which is the first skilled aspect of it. But the major aspect of it is the stream flowing of information on the graphics.
Not anyhow person can do that, a talented and a skilled person needs to be assigned for the purpose, because the contents need to be informative and interactive. Anyway, I’ve never come across a boring infographics, because it mustn’t turn off your audiences if it’s a good one and the colors must be very moderate and reasonable.
The most cogent aspect of infographics is for you to be able to pass across your message and people should get solutions to their problems. Impacting of knowledge is not left out. Any graphical representation which does not pass across well-equipped message is not worth it. Remember your conclusion and a catchy ending. A very good example is making an infographics for the history of Facebook, which I believe you can get on net.
Get people to Know about Infographics Online
Getting infographics across to the net is so easy because it should be a product of your work. A lot of business owners and most companies deals with the use of graphics to display their products. It’s exactly as if you are presenting a seminar, I mean for those who know how to create and chart the stream flow of information on the infographics.
There are different sites that take perfectly made materials. In such a way, you display your products and promote your site over the net. It’s a simple way of marketing techniques.
Social Medias are not also left out of this, because you can as well use it to describe am event or a situation if you have followers or subscribers.
If you have any comment, observation or addition to this post, please kindly do that using the comment box so that others may benefit from your addition.
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner