Apple earlier today released iOS 11.2, an update that has} variety of welcome new features and necessary bug fixes. On the feature front, iOS 11.2 finally introduces support for Apple pay cash, a mobile payment feature that lets iOS users send and receive money from directly among the Messages app. Users with cash in their account — that is obtainable via the wallet app — can have the power to transfer cash to friends, directly to their bank account, and after all, make purchases across the net.
iOS 11.2 additionally introduces support for quicker 7.5W wireless charging for the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and therefore the iPhone X. while you seemingly won’t see drastic charging gains with the iOS 11.2 update, it’s definitely a step within the right direction.
Another notable iOS 11.2 tweak, but small, is that the lock screen now includes a horizontal line on the right side of the notch. this can be designed to inform users where to go so as to point out control center.
As for notable bug fixes, iOS 11.2 clears up a pesky issue that was brought to light yesterday that saw iPhones and iPads endlessly reboot if they happened to be using third-party apps with local notifications.
Those updates aside, the release notes for iOS 11.2 can be viewed below:
Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X
- Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X
- Improves video camera stabilization
- Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete
- Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear
- Improves stability in Calendar
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message
- Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results
- Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store, and Music
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications